Top gear

Hammond is funny.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

New Stig is Ben Collins.

Old Stig was Perry McCarthy.

Remember the guy driving the car/wildcat down the muddy hill, against the landsurfer guy a couple of weeks back ? That was New Stig without his helment on :)

Reply to
Nom

New Stig is Ben Collins.

Old Stig was Perry McCarthy.

Remember the guy driving the car/wildcat down the muddy hill, against the landsurfer guy a couple of weeks back ? That was New Stig without his helment on :)

Reply to
Nom

Don't forget !

Go set your video now ! It's *REQUIRED* viewing !

Reply to
Nom

There are some pics here:

And here:

¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Yep, cheaper cars, cheaper booze, better food, cheap cigarettes, more sun, didn't support the illegal war, fitter birds, what a shithole.

Reply to
jeremy

"Nom" wrote

And how exactly do you know this to be true? Cos you've just spoiled it for me !!! :S

Reply to
fishman

More expensive than Italy.

More expensive than Italy.

French food was better than British in the 1970s. Today it is utterly, predictably vile. The French can no longer cook to save their lives. And it was never better than Italian cooking.

Only fuckwits smoke, and if you must, cigarettes are cheaper in Italy.

Less than Italy.

Only because they hoped to foster their own selfish interests in supplying arms to an illegal regime.

Again bwhahahahahahahahahah.

Fine if you like old sows with minge hairs down to their knees.

Indeed.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Agreed. Him and May should go on their travels, Thelma and Louise style.

Eddie Izzard is also bloody hilarious.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How dare they that's our job.

Reply to
Depresion

He didn't "get away" with a 60 pound fine!

I was pulled over in France during last summer, caught at 124mph (speedo was around 130-135). I was fined 90 Euros, which is the same amount as he was. They have a stepping level for fines, so my guess was he was doing between 110-125 mph.

Nice thing about being pulled in France is that you don't get any points on your licence! Although this is changing I think :-( Anyway. Bloody good episode. I loved it!

Reply to
runner180cc

yankee doodles were using euro front companies to trade with iraq and get round their own embargo anyway. Duplicitous faulty bastards that they are.

Reply to
JohnR

I like May.

Especially the 'oh, c*ck!' incident.

or, as he did last night:

'permission to say 'c*ck!' for the 2nd time this series' :-)

Reply to
SteveH

Seconded. His column in the Torygraph is always very good.

Reply to
Grant
11.20 pm Monday (which is in a bit if you are reading this late at night somewhere unfamiliar)
Reply to
dojj

Just watching it again did they cause a crash at the end of the race with James throwing his bag into the road? I'm sure I heard a screech followed by a crunch.

Reply to
Depresion

Various forums etc. - the original info came from a guy who worked on the show.

It's all correct - feel free to go check :)

Reply to
Nom

They can't be that low, surely ? You'd be looking at a lengthy ban for being stopped at 125mph in this country - I can't believe the penalty in France is a measly £60 !!!!

Hell, anyone with a bit of spare change would be speeding everywhere, and paying the fines as required !

Reply to
Nom

Me neither and since the speed limit on the autoroute is 130kph I can't see that the speeds quoted are in kph either. I'd be pissed off at getting a fine for driving 5kph under the speed limit.

Yup, when my mate got done in France for exceeding the speed limit my a measly 20kph, he got a EURO 1000 fine.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That sounds *much* more reasonable.

You can't use fines as a deterrent, unless they actually make a dent in your wallet !

Reply to
Nom