Top Gear - Bugatti Veyron...

I'm sure some enterprising boffins can get round that. I wanna see how fast it can really go!

Reply to
DanTXD

Dent the bodywork for sure...

And if the switches are costing 4500 UKPounds, then a wing or bonnet must be made from solid Unobtanium.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

They didn't take it around the track. WTF?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

If they are losing 4 million quid on each one I don't think they are worried about the money.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

You really have no idea do you?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

200l according to TG magazine. And 1l/km fuel consumption at Vmax.
Reply to
Grant

I've seen two - they're on of the bargains of the big engine world.

Is that the previous S class? There's a new shape one...

Sounds normal to me.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Maybe: but in mainland Europe big engines are heavily taxed.

The German buyer has been tilted by high fuel prices, unemployment and the fact that the Passat W-types have as much status as the Passat cabbies that drive around.

Yes, it's the "old shape". Brand new, full ops and depriciating by the day. There were about 60 of them, normal version and long version. From memory, glanced at them but wasn't interested: S-class 320 cdi long version, full ops

55000 Eur.

Looks more as competing and undercutting its own dealernetwork on which automakers imposed heavy quality norms (equipement, staff, showroom and stuff). Where they "dump" the cars now, there is 1 salesperson, no workshop, nada.

But the enduser is in the win .. for the time being that is.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Aye - I was thinking of the engines being stuck together next to each other, not end on end. Thinking about it, a W16 is either 2 V8s stuck together side by side, or 2 W8s end to end.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

True story.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

We could all e-mail them about it but I doubt we'd get far. Would be better to see the stig take it round Silverstone with Mansell in his Masters car.

Reply to
Depresion

Either take off or, conversely, generate so much downforce that its tyres would explode!

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

I don't know about savage, or a legend, but he's got all the charisma of, well, a Mitsubishi Carisma...

Reply to
Halmyre

Was it me, or did the car go WOOOOSH when he stopped, like a bus does? I thought that sounded well cool, like some sort of brake air release.

I don't think it was a dump valve, it was as if someone had put the noise on top of the recording :)

Reply to
Ronny

Nice one, cheers. Didn't think of that (too tired to think last night).

Reply to
conkersack

It's a bit of a worry that Stig - who you never hear speak or indeed see his face - comes over as having more personality than Mansell...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Um, I think they do.

I'm pretty sure the Germans were going for an engineering superlative rather than a bespoke 'design' idea and all the terrible wankiness that entails.

(But then again, what do I know, given the choice between and F40 and a

959, I'd choose the only supercar of the two, the 959. C'est la vie, etc etc.)
Reply to
conkersack

Heretic!

Quite a dismal point of view really, Steve. Just 'cos something's been done before doesn't mean that something else shouldn't be attempted again. You big blasphemous bastard, you. And there's no such thing as over-engineering. What are you? Like a secret accountant or something?!

Anyroad, I always thought an F1 was a racer whilst the Veyron was more of a GT.

Reply to
conkersack

To be fair there is just one Mansell and several Stigs.

Reply to
Depresion

You don't think the F1 was over-engineered considering the 70mph speed limit? The Bugatti is just so far beyond what we consider supercars that it needs a new category just for it. 0-200 faster than the pansy slow F1 dose 120-200.

Reply to
Depresion