Tyres Question

To activate the ABS often - you have to be doing something very, very wrong. The 206 has fairly s**te tyres on, and getting the ABS to activate is difficult to the point of painful.

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm sure they're not budget branded tyres, though. Not on a new car, anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

Seems to activate regularly on dusty roads, etc, here. I can avoid it happening, but there doesn't seem to be any real point.

I wonder if this sort of thing depends much on the type of ABS fitted?

Reply to
Questions

The sadness isn't whether or not you are getting paid while you are posting. I suspect Mason was in the same boat given the timings and that what he does for a living.

I noticed that you often post what amounts to the same sentence 6 or 7 times over the space of an hour or two, sometimes across different threads and even newsgroups.

Each to their own. (c:

If I was bored enough at work to be pissing about on usenet I'd probably also be looking for another job.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

They're the cheapo Conti's - i remember you once telling me they were s**te on MSN :) They light up quite easily in the wet, but don't seem to want to lock, even when i'm braking hard enough to make my eye balls come out.

Reply to
DanTXD

But they're still Contis which are a million miles away from Nankang or other such s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

They're not a patch on the cheap Federals on the 405 :) They were awesome. ATC will testify to that!

Reply to
DanTXD

Not necessarily, it's what you get when you have bigger wheels. When you=20 change up to something decent from the Ka you may get the chance to find=20 out :)

Take "205/50 R17" for instance, very common size.

Using online tyre dealers (so slightly cheaper than high street); Your choice of tyres;

Continental Sport, =A399. Dunlop SP, =A3100. Michelin Pilot Sport, =A3120.

Or;

Nangkang cheapie (made by Yokohama), =A347.

That means a full set of four tyres on a standard and common rim size=20 could be =A3480. I'd call that pretty ludicrous myself when I can pay less= =20 than =A3200 for a full set that will last longer and, for the most part,=20 be just as good.

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
LordyUK

My BX has ABS and shit tyres and activating the ABS is frighteningly easy.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

*nods*
Reply to
Albert T Cone

If only that were true, I'd save a fortune on fuel/brakes/tyres.

I suggest you get a clue before commenting on something you have no knowledge of.

Reply to
Nom

Even girls can do wheelspin and forget to undo the handbrake...

(c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

They certainly can :)

Reply to
Nom

Are you admitting to being a girl now?

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Whatever gave you that idea ?

Reply to
Nom

No ?

Whatever gave you that idea ?

Reply to
Nom

Hmm, the logic was there at the time I made the post, something along the lines of your wholehearted admission that girls leave the handbrake on, spin the wheels (and as a result get bad fuel economy) meaning that in fact you do drive like a girl as you go through tyres, fuel and brakes at a fair old rate.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I come on for about 45 minuts read any threads of interest and reply-as-I-go.

:o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

But I don't leave the handbrake on, nor do I spin the wheels ? My excessive consumption of tyres/fuel/brakes is purely because I barrel around as fast as I can safely do so.

SteveH said I drive like a girl.

I don't, so I explained he should get a clue before making comments.

You randomly made the comment that "even girls can do wheelspin and forget to undo the handbrake" - a comment I totally agree with. They can do both those things !

The you wondered if I was admitting being a girl ?

For the record : I'm not a girl, I don't drive like one, and I don't admit being one.

Hope that helps :)

Reply to
Nom