Vauxhall Lotus Carlton

If we can get rid of mum and dads caravan, and clear out our garage, i'll look after it :D Havn't spent my UKRCMods collection cash yet (not had a chance, been ill all this week :( ), so i could buy one brake pad or something :D The garage isn't heated, or alarmed, but i reckon if we pooled our collective brains, that could be sorted!

Reply to
DanTXD

Watch this...

Reply to
Chet

:-D

Reply to
Chet

Thats a high quality camera you got yourself there ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

1.3 megapixel and it also sends txts and makes calls, it'll do ;)
Reply to
Chet

Sounds like a cracking idea, except for one thing. I suspect people here will drive it like they stole it. This means high running costs on what is already an old car with high running costs. A few costings:

Insurance: £10000 (probably around £1000 excess) Car repayments (write off over 5 years): £4000 Servicing (4 times a year considering its use): £4000? - lots of tyres, etc. Delivery (unless everyone drives to pick it up): £4000 - one delivery per week

That's about £22000/year running costs. Split over 48 weeks (4 weeks for maintenance), and you have a cost of £460ish for a week. How many people here can afford to shell out £460 for a week in a Lotus Carlton?

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

Christ on crack, that's frightening!

Reply to
Pete MC

bugger :(

Reply to
dojj

It is. In fairness, you may get it for around £8000. Either way, I doubt you'll get under 25s on the policy. That cuts out 99% of posters to this group.

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

I think you took statistics lessons from an insurance company. (c:

There's a good few old fogies on here!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Gawd no! How boring would it be to live a life in insurance?

Still, I doubt there are 48 of them!

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

You can't annoy Corsa drivers.

By definition, they know nothing whatsoever about cars, and don't give two hoots about theirs !

Reply to
Nom

Heh....

Reply to
DervMan

Awsome Car.. Had one for 18 months before I bought my TVR .. I part-ex'd my Saphire Cossie 4x4 for the LC. Insurance was a suprise .. £2800 .. a whole £7500 more than the Cossie was costing me.

Only comment I would make is .. Yes its an awsome piece of kitt.. trips to town on a saturday were great. The back seats are big enough to have serious fun ;) too.

Fastest I ever had the balls to take mine was 170 whilst working on a contract in Holland (Day Trip to Cologne)

My biggest problem was the fact I was driving a car that cost £25,000

8 years ago, and it was still a Vauxhall. People dont "see" the car, it doesnt stand out unless you know what yo are looking at. a Mate of mine had a GSI3000. and, with the full LC kitt added, you couldnt tell them appart.

Serviceing costs were hugh .. £800 for a service, £600 for 2 rear tyres. The exhaust system was made from the cheapest of cheap metal that had a life span of 3 years before it rotted. The brakes warped if you abused them, and the electrics were awful.

Mine was broken into 3 timed during my ownership, each time the cost of repairs were almost 3 times as expensive due to the parts being "special" (£450 for a drivers door skin, whereas a GSI-3000 was only £180)

Also, I found a lot of LC wannabe's try and replicate the paint ... all LC's were green .. Imperial Metallic Green to be exact. it was specially made for the LC. a lot of accident repairs didnt use the origional paint... Ive seen LC's painted Grey and Dark Blue, all claiming to be origional. They aint.

There is one Lotus Charlton, unregistered, sitting in Scotland. This car has bever been driven, and sits in True factory condition. Im not sure where it is now, but I know 4 years ago, the car was still there.

Lotus Omega's have started to materialise in the UK over the last few years ... The LC's German counterpart. (Lotus Omega is far more sexy than Lotus Charlton IMHO)

Reply to
Jay