Well, I phoned about that Celica GT4 that is very local.

Stop whining and comparing the Saab to the GT4: it has no use any more. You know your experiences avec the Saab, those of the Toyota are not known yett.

Enjoy the Celica and welcome to the club of high performance 4x4's.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Let the man enjoy his new ride.

As to high mileage and needing expensive work: he has bought a Toyota, not an Alfa. Some Alfa (anything with a turbo on) don't even need high mileage to generate some horrendous expenses... and this from experiance.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Neither is his. He ran into Carlos Sainz at Rally Oz and showed him the car. Carlos said his car was faster than the WRC car because it didn't have the 32mm inlet restrictor.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In article , snipped-for-privacy@removethis.hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

:)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@jcis.com.au spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Hmm, nice. Will have to remember that. Nice to know I've bought another Rally inspired legend again.

My Favorit and Estelle, similar in body to those mauled by Jon Haugland. My Saab, not quite, but directley related to the Carlsson models, to celebrate Erik Carlsson (now Saab test driver, who can drive better than he walks nowadays) And now the Celica GT4 that in WRC version Carlos did so well in.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You'll have to give it the Castrol paintjob. You know you want to. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In article , snipped-for-privacy@jcis.com.au spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

If it had been white, I would have, but it is a very nice shiny red.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

"Fraser Johnston"

Oh yes. I remember when I was at skool my friend whose dad ran a local toyota dealership used to get lifts home in a liveried GT4 Sainz

Reply to
fishman

Agreed. the Saab still has it's original T3, and it still makes full boost, and could make much more than the 185BHP that is asked to by Saab.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not far from my place in Essex. Good blokes.

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Looks like I need them, as well :-(

Chances are it's going to be stripped and sold off to the other S13 owners I know, and I'll wait for a good one to come along.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I don't think they were rally inspired legends :) More, pov stricken commy inspired :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In article , snipped-for-privacy@SdanPontAherMun.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Nope, the shell, driveshafts, engine block and head were all standard road items that where ported and polished, or lightened (some bracing plus a cage added to the shell after all the spare metal scraped and drilled and ground out. The stock 1.3's put out about 65bhp, the works cars put out 130BHP on carbs,and 150bhp in the Favorit and Felicia on throttle bodies. I know of several 100BHP+ dynoed rapids, all running single downdraught carbs for drivablility instead of multiple sidedraughts, with headwork done with a dremel and a good book, plus several parts catalogues, and the MadFavorit did put out a dynoed 135bhp on twin sidedraft carbs with a DIY big valve conversion using rover V8 and ford parts, and a hybrid Skoda/Ford Puma clutch and a ex-works straight cut gearbox, and a home made straight through exhaust.

In the 70's/80's/early 90's Skoda didn't have the finance to develop special engines, they had to get the most out of what they had, and have standard road spares available from dealers if needed, because they could only used what they carried because of import/export red tape from the former iron curtain countries.

After a season in the west with rally GB being the last stop, they would often leave spares with the closest dealer, so it used to be quite common for granny to get her estelle repaired, and end up with a straight cut gearbox (or special ratios that never appeared on factory road cars), group A exhaust, or paddle clutch, or to find a works spec twin carb works spec intake manifold lying amongst a pile of crap and scrap in the corner of a dealers workshop. Sadly that don't happen anymore.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo