Well, my insurance better get cheaper...

Try getting a quote on a newer car, say a 98 Corsa or something.=20 Sometimes you actually get premiums loaded because its an older car.=20 Certainly true of older vauxhalls which were very easily stolen.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Why no no claims? Have an (some?) accident(s) ?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cancelled the TPO policy 2 months in after leaving the road in a reasonably spectacular fashion. Thankfully I didn't damage anything/anyone other than myself and the car. All the other driving I've done up till last September when I got my Carlton has been on other people's policies.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You're older :) Plus, only TPF&T iirc ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Oh I love these threads :-))))))))))

2003 Passat 4motion - 330 quid a year fully comp. 2002 locost 1660 xflow - big valve head - twin 40DCOE webers - 188 quid a year.

My knees do hurt when I get off a low chair though :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Eh?

Reply to
DervMan

In article , chrisash32 @ntlworld.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Are you in NI/Ireland by any chance, because those stupid prices for mainland UK insurance?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

1986 Ford Capri 2.8i Special, =A3163 Fully Comp with =A32000 agreed value.

--=20 Conor

Dumb as a box of rocks...

Reply to
Conor Turton

Wait until you get a quote for a real car ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

:) They want £900 to insure a Ti fully comp, and about the same for a 206 GTi, slightly less for a Xsara VTS :)

Reply to
Dan405

£420 FC on the 155, with a mileage of 25k / year.

Half-ish that for 'normal' mileage.

Reply to
SteveH

None of which are driven at the right end - may as well have a Ka, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

I say, that's a bit strong, isn't it?

Reply to
SteveH

I'd say so old bean (i think i'm old enough to use such a phrase now.)

Reply to
Dan405

Yea, but you're REALLY old :)

Reply to
Dan405

Nope, i am in UK mainland (Manchester to be exact) i just cannot believe how high it is, suppose i am a fool for paying it as well, but then again i need the car. oh well, i just wish somewhere would start an insurance price war, where we will beifit :)

chris

Reply to
Chris

Heheheh, anyway Dan, I'm now unemployed with some spare time for the next week... hilly twisty roads beckon, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

You got something sorted after that?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Aye, for sure, but that's next month, meanwhile it's time to sign on .

Reply to
DervMan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Jesus who are you isnured with for a quote like that? I'm in Warrington, and a couple of the guys I work with are in Worsley, and one of them ensures a Merc E36 AMG at aged 26, and pays no where near that fully comp.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo