Well, my insurance better get cheaper...

I am insured with Norwich union, who were the cheapest at the time of insurance, I just feel it is way over the top, can you recommend anyone that would probably be cheaper?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris

...but who the hell cares ?

Granted, RWD is alledgedly better - but FWD is "good enough".

Reply to
Nom

They already did, and we already are !

Do you live in Moss-Side or something ?

Reply to
Nom

Yes, but you're stopping me from bantering with Dan "Scared of a Ka" 405, heh! :)

Reply to
DervMan

No I'm not - please continue :)

Reply to
Nom

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Try Churchill, Elephant, Chris Knot, Adrian Flux and AXA. Whenever I go for insurance quotes, Norwich Union Direct don't quote me happy, but they do give me a bloody good laugh.

One of the Skoda Nutters I know got his 19 year old son a Rapid 1.3 Coupe. His son went the quote me happy route. They phoned to chase up why he hadn't accepted the quote and his dad answered and said tell him how much, because he would providing the money, the quote was in the region of £14-1800 pounds for a guy with 2 years no claims, in a car worth maximum £500, then spent the best part of 1/2 an hour trying to convince him that he would not be able to find a better quote (not necessarily better cover, just cheaper quote) anywhere for that driver and car. They wanted me with 2.5 years driving experience and 3 years no claims (6 months insured as myself as a learner) aged 35 to pay £900 for a Saab 900 T16S, I'm paying under £500 for the Saab now.

if you are really having trouble, it might be worth trying to talk to an underwriter directly and paying his fees, although they usually save you money only if you have a very expensive car, but in your case it mught be worth trying.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo