What did you do last weekend?

Stupidly expensive too.

Sky is one big rip - get a freeview recorder and a spend the subscription equivalent on a fast uncapped internet connection.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

For the ultimate in VFM buy a chipped cable box, mine, err, I mean "a mates" cost me, err, him £100 almost 2 years ago. All channels, no bills and as long as you know the "chipper" if anything goes wrong, it's a quick and easy reprogram.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Could you ask your mate if that manages to get pay per view stuff as well?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep, it gets everything, sport, movies etc. actually 2 of the movie channels seem to be playing up, they don't show 15 cert or above before 9pm, but TBH I can't be arsed going to see the bloke who chipped it yet, I'll wait and see if anything else goes dickypoggy.

I hardly ever watch TV though, Top Gear once a week and UKnova for owt else :)

My brother bought a box off the same bloke (mine (err, me mates) is just a chipped TW box) but my brother has a German Linux (guessing it runs on Linux, it has a penguin on the startup LCD screen) type box, that's programmable etc. and only cost a little more, the best thing about it is the ease of upgrading, just send it the file over the network and it upgrades itself.

The bloke who chips 'em is an ex-workmate of mine, he chips playstations, X-boxs etc. ask yer local playstation chipping bloke if he does any cable boxes, the boxes are pretty specific and professional, so I'd imagine that they're out there if you know the right (dodgy) people ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

LOL [1]

[1] My first ever LOL post, after 8-ish years of usenet :)
Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

misery for me happiness for you :) i'm glad you have broken your lol cheery, although i may still be suffering for it

Reply to
dojj