What I did on my Holidays....

by SteveH, age 34.

Scorchingly hot today, especially without aircon, but we did over 200 miles and got out into some really out of the way places.

Reply to
SteveH

No, this is scorching withou aircon and really out of the way places.

Melted a piston shortly after that last one :S

Reply to
fishman

Replying to my own post I know but found ones where it all got a bit more basic than no aircon, and just as scorching:

and then we swapped that for this...

fishman

I love Wales for driving roads. Out of interest do you know where this was:

It looks very familar to a road I did in convoy a few years ago when we had a spare few hours between stages on the Rally GB. Great fun, but I made my girlfriend car sick and we stopped on the side of road, just by a river, exactly like in that picture.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's known as the 'Abergavenny Mountain Road' - from Rhayader via Cwmystwyth to Devil's Bridge.

Excellent road, if a little narrow in places.

Despite the warning signs, I met a coach about a mile in. Not nice.

Reply to
SteveH

Aha, not the same road then, as we were definitely a bit further South.

After that I always said to my other half we'd go back for a weekend of driving, walking, camping and drinking in the Brecons. Still never got round to it though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm sure you've posted about the Upper Chapel to Beulah road in the past

- that's the MOD firing range road.

That also rocks a fat one.

Reply to
SteveH

Nice one! I spent yesterday in the garden building a wooden climbing frame/swing/fort thing for the kids Which the little one promptly fell off and we had to go to casualty... She's ok though, just a sprain. I've altered the stairs up to it now lol.

And I got sunburnt on my neck; I'm a proper redneck.

Reply to
Abo

Don't think it was me, I haven't been that far into Wales since before I could drive!! If I was talking about military roads in Wales it probably would have been Epynt. Which is epic!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's the one.... Epynt.

Couldn't remember when I posted, though.

(Upper Chapel isn't far from Brecon)

Reply to
SteveH

That's what oval racing does to you...

Reply to
Doki

Yeehawww

My father in law has a banjo, it gets worse...

Reply to
Abo