why am I faced with such temptations.

do it! but lower it too ;)

Reply to
Vamp

Hell at ten quid a throw I'd of bought them all as well heh.

Reply to
Iridium

He suggests =A3160 for a set of the 18's in Chrome. And having looked at the US lexus club forums, aprt from having no tyre=20 wall, even 20's don't look out of place. 18's look right. A set of the=20 faithfull Colways from Tyremonkey work out at about =A3220.

So I would have a set of nice shiney 18's with slightly wider but only=20 jus, 45 profile tyres for under =A3400.

Would modernise the car nicely.

And I've just discovered that the place in the states that I got my last=20 set of Ceramic pads for the Celica from, now does them for the 90-92 LS Woohoo $70 for very nice Ceramic pads. And Akebonos appear to be=20 standard pads for Toyota among the rest of the world.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Feeder-Dove Grey Sands

Elder

He suggests £160 for a set of the 18's in Chrome. And having looked at the US lexus club forums, aprt from having no tyre wall, even 20's don't look out of place. 18's look right. A set of the faithfull Colways from Tyremonkey work out at about £220.

So I would have a set of nice shiney 18's with slightly wider but only jus, 45 profile tyres for under £400.

Would modernise the car nicely.

And I've just discovered that the place in the states that I got my last set of Ceramic pads for the Celica from, now does them for the 90-92 LS Woohoo $70 for very nice Ceramic pads. And Akebonos appear to be standard pads for Toyota among the rest of the world.

20's look good but i'd kerb them on dent them on all the pot holes! i'd go 18's myself. i really want a celsior now keep looking at them on the jap auction sites!

i'd like a 97-98 model with the tweaked engine where they took the power from around 260 to 290 :)

Reply to
Vamp

Good call on the age. They improved the mpg and the brakes/suspension too.

Reply to
Elder

cool :) should be able to get a nice one with 18's by the looks of it over here with a budget of £4k for a good auction graded car. do you know anything bout the sat nav/tv in the celsior? can it be converted? it also controls the air con i believe? i'd rather have one without it really so i can put a nice MP3 headunit in and something to block the gap that's left.

Reply to
Vamp

Don't know about the import Celsior/LS later imports, but there is a company that can fit a remote tuner/changer/nav to the lexus touchscreen in an RX/Harrier, so the screen still controls the factory heater/aircon and other systems, but also works the 3rd party tuner and stuff.

Reply to
Elder

Just been browsing yahoo auctions in Japan through google translate.

Fantastic stuff on there for my old "Classic" Celsior.

I love the window from coffee table. http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=3Den&langpair=3Dja%7Cen&u=3D

Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

I'd not bother. The 50 profile tyres on the Golf are noticably harsher than the 65s that were on there before I swapped wheels.

Reply to
Doki

I actually have suspension. It has about 2 miles of travel cleverly=20 engineered by toyota to fit inside a wheel arch. Pete wasn't wrong about=20 the waterbed feeling.

65 profile 15" tyres and coil sprung seats assist in the jelly on=20 greased bearings feel.