This any good as a project base Conor?

Spotted on the M25 / A12 yesterday: gold Capri, badged up as a 'Capri

6.3'.

Looked rather tasty, and sounded the nuts. :-D

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Saw a scorpio towing a green 2.8 injection on the M6 just before the M65 junction and immediatley thought if PeteM.

Reply to
Elder

Just went and collected one I won on the Bay this week. Needs a few bits and bobs tidying but it goes like f*ck.

Conor

Just out of interest, why would you buy something that looks like that?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

To give Conor a bit of credit, if he's planning a respray then that could be the perfect car to start with as not many people would bid on something with 'em on - and it's far safer to bid on something with awful paint than bidding on a car with a Richard Grant bodykit.

Personally, I wouldn't have driven it home, I'd have hired / borrowed a covered trailer and taken it straight to the bodyshop.

Reply to
Pete M

'Tidying' - is what they call 'full resprays' these days?

What a complete heap of rancid donkey spunk.

Reply to
SteveH

How d'ya' miss is? On the small photo it was the first thing I spotted thinking it was just a messy paint job till I scrolled down.

Reply to
Depresion

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

That's not far off the mark and those RGA kits are horrific. It was bought solely on the fact it's all metal. Bought for the fact it had a bare metal respray which makes anything I do far easier and the mechanical mods already done which is going to save me shitloads. Certainly wasn't bought for the paint although IRL, that mural looks far better - he's picked possibly the worst camera angles for the photos he took. It's going to be left as it is until the tax runs out then SORNed over winter. At least with the paint currently on it being a very good job, it'll need nothing more than a quick key and won't need a ton of prep work. Not sure what I'm going to do about the Cosworth rear spoiler though - they're not really my thing. I suppose that if I take it off carefully, it'll fetch a few quid on Ebay.

I found a new colour I really like recently, BA Blood Orange which the Aussie Falcon XR6's and XR8's come in. It'd look nice with electric blue and chrome detailing under the bonnet.

Heh-heh, I have no shame.

Reply to
Conor

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That's about the same colour I'm currently painting the Acadiane in.

Dulux African Adventure 3. Proper exterior grade gloss, and new brushes. No corner-cutting here.

Reply to
Adrian

LOL. Wish I could get away with doing that - would save a few quid.

Reply to
Conor

Take it off and burn it for the good of humanity :-)

When I first saw the pics I thought it had been vandalised: maybe I was right.

Should be nice with a bit of work and a respray though.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I'm afraid I would have needed to have brought a gallon of primer and a brush with me. Onto the trailer, drive around the corner then cover that up asap.

Still, each to their own.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cost less than tidying a shonky old 75 though. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

But a lot more than buying one that didn't have shit murals or a whale tail in the first place.

Reply to
SteveH

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Budget so far...

£10 for two litres of Screwfix red oxide - told you I was doing it properly! £5 for a pack of brushes from Screwfix £25 for 2.5l of Dulux from B&Q Warehouse £5 for misc - brushcleaner, masking tape & sandpaper.

Oh, and a fiver for a front passenger door - I think all the other panels have come to me over the years...

The real expense, though, has been £30 for a pair of new vinyl snails for the sides, after several neighbours complained we'd got rid of the old ones and they missed 'em... Seriously.

Reply to
Adrian

£1500 is a lot for a tidy V6 Capri?
Reply to
Douglas Payne

Depends on your definition of 'tidy'.

If 'tidy' means, needs a total repaint, then yes, that's cheap.

However, a full paint job isn't going to be cheap.

I still don't understand selling an example that was pretty much sorted in order to buy that monstrosity.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The old one was a four-pot, though.