Yaaayyyy!!1

Just picked up my new WRX. I'm happy as Larry. Lovely black leather interior. Tomorrow I'll be keeping with tradition and pulling the dashboard apart and sticking in a new stereo. It's not half as quick as my old one but it is nice and comfy and still under factory warranty for another year. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Show us some JPEGs then.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'll take some today.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nice, I was out in this yesterday,

A mates, first time I'd been in one for a couple of years, not too bad speed wise but the ride seemed very harsh.

Reply to
ThePunisher

mate had one as a company car for a while - got bored after a year. Looks cack no finesse. OK if you want a quick 4-door I guess.....

Reply to
john

What the WRX? Got bored? Can he drive?

Reply to
DanTXD

I can see that. As a company vehicle, they tend to frown upon track days and battling along the congested motorways and cities of the country from Monday through Friday, then on a weekend feeling to knackered to enjoy the car... yes I can see that.

Hard to imagine I suppose, but as a senior colleague said to me, "it was hugely fast, grippy, braked well, but noisy, the air conditioning was weak and the ride hard" about the "normal" Impreza turbo.

Reply to
DervMan

Funnily enough my aircon is awesome. And over here we need it. And the ride in the standard one is pretty good. The STI is pretty harsh. I've had 3 people comment in the last week about how well my car rides over speed humps. Probably because every other car I've owned has been lowered to hell and has harsh springs.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

This was an older machine, but I understand early WRXs had a dealer-fit system that was variable in quality.

The last model I was driven in, had an effective air conditioning system! :-)

Heh! Again, it's possible that the differences between the markets and the roads account for the difference. I've not found the Subaru especially harsh. Firm, yes, but then so too is just about every Audi and people put up with it. Harsh, nah.

Reply to
DervMan