Yesterday I was mainly driving...

Okay my Saab, at least, on the way home from Oulton Park.

I still want a Caterham.

Tim Kemp, the Oulton Park track day corporate hospitality is run by the Palmer Sport guys with a similar set up, including the Caterhams.

Damn Caterhams.

DervMan

Understandable.

I have my little Sylva to keep me happy(ish). A friend has an MK Indy with ZX12R, flappy paddle gearshift and trickshifter, it runs on compomotive CXRs and ACB10s. That thing is in a completely different league altogether. The flat shift has to be heard to be believed.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yup. They're ace.

I was looking at the CXRs for the Ka. I wasn't one hundred percent on the styling, but, the very lightweight design... but anyway.

Whilst the Caterham isn't without its problems (too numerous to mention here) for everyday use, if it weren't for Charlie (and that I don't have somewhere to keep it) I'd have one as my everyday machine. I suspect covering 25,000 miles a year in one would be a challenge, especially in the winter, but I'd like to have tried it.

*shrugs* Ahh but they're just not quite doable for everyday life...
Reply to
DervMan

Well, I finally had my major surgery to my back on Wednesday - as I post from Brum Heartlands hospital. So, I'll know in a few weeks whether I am still up to getting into a VX220 :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Good luck with the surgery, but whilst I adore the VX220, it may hurt you...

Reply to
DervMan

Cool - good to see you're still kicking, as it were.

/autotrader/ So the 2.2's are down to 10k? A few more years and I might be able to think about getting one. Hang on, what are the turbo's going for... hmmm. £13k. No, no, must step away from the browser...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Well, give me a couple of months to get over this healing, and then we'll see :-) S2000, Leon Cupra R are also both shortlisted...

Reply to
Iridium

"Iridium" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Sounds sore. How about modding a Saab/Volvo seat to fit :-) You could fit some of those grabrails you get in disabled toilets to help you get in and out :-) Anyway, I hope you heal well and soon.

Reply to
Tunku

The wound is about a foot long from my hip to my shoulder. On the upside, 2 of the 3 drains are out already (op was Wednesday afternoon) and I just walked the full length of the ward, so I hope to be home sort of Wednesday onwards next week!

Reply to
Iridium

The S2000 is nearly as difficult to get into or out of as the VX220.

*must not mention Primera or Passat*
Reply to
DervMan

Pah that's no bigger than my grin after playing with the Caterhams.

But seriously. That sounds *sore*.

Reply to
DervMan

Not in my experience. YYMV.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yup. And down the pub, it becomes the war wound from fighting off 16 machete yielding chavs.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Down the pub, I wouldn't have been injured fighting off 16 machete yeilding chavs.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's Dan but, he drives a 206. That scar was him falling down the stairs and cutting himself on a split can ;o)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Nor mine.

Reply to
Iridium

Nice circuit there isn't it. Very "green" and "natural".

Reply to
Elder

That makes you quite short :p

Reply to
Chet

Heh, I'm about 5' 11" - it's just quite hard to tell where the wound goes because I can't see it :-)

I have a photo though ;-)

Reply to
Iridium

So as he said; that makes you quite short :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK