OMFG middle age

Rob, we know you're going to get another Cavalier anyway, so why do you bother asking?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

yup its here.

wife and i have decided that a people carrier is on the cards after xmas. been looking at a couple of Zafira gsi's around the 10.5 k mark. Anyone suggest a suitable alternative to a sensible family car for around 10k.

Reply to
Rob

Yes, sure - no problem.

1500 quids worth of Merc 230 -250 or 300 estate or more probably a 525TDS touring. All the car you need.

Ten and a half grand of Zafira - get real. Five year deal - right?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Get the Turbo'd one and dish out some embarrassment!

Reply to
Phattitude

not quite a five year stitch up 3k down then 200 ish a month for 3 years

its time for sensibility and it will go nice beside wifeys sensible car :)

Reply to
Rob

the gsi is the turbo'd one :)

Reply to
Rob

You sure?

I thought there was a GSI 2.0 16v and a GSI TURBO?

Reply to
Phattitude

Reply to
Phattitude

Ooops. I googled it and I stand corrected!'o/

Reply to
Phattitude

Mazda MX5, seems like an alternative to a sensible family car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nope.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Mitsubishi Space Wagon, 2.4 gdi, cheaper to run and not too slow but much better built than the shabby (I've had two) Zafira.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

theres also a 2l 16v sri Zafira.

although i'm thinking about a 2l DTI :)

Reply to
Rob

people carriers = the product of a society that breeds too much ;)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Sterilisation.

Reply to
Depresion

Ford Streetka. Ford Sportka. Ford Ka. Ford Puma.

There's four.

Or, after watching last night's Top Gear, how about a Peugeot 806?

Reply to
DervMan
[...]

How about an excellent family car for

Reply to
Alistair J Murray

...or this:

Alistair J Murray

Merc estate - 10 grand buys a decent spec 3.2 litre petrol. Better performance, much more style.

Take a look at the following - it's an E430 (that's 4.3 V8 - serious performance) at £10K with 7 seats :

Or a bit slower; the E320 petrol:

The neighbours will think you've had a pay rise.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Agreed. I've got one of them ... although I'm checking the bank balance to see if I can afford the E430 posted earlier.

David

Reply to
David Lane