0161

I've got an OBDII message of 0161 on a '96, 3.8 I put in new O2 sensor on the pass side, didn't help. Is this the code for pass side or drivers? Should I be looking for something else? TIA

Reply to
bd

bd opined in news:VU0wd.47136$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

P0161 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 if you replaced the one you can get at from underhood, you replaced sensor 1

Bank one is the bank with the frontmost cyl (cyl 1), IIRC that would be the passenger side, so driver side would be bank 2

sensor 2 would be the second in the exhaust stream... from autozone: UNDER VEHICLE, DRIVER SIDE, BELOW SEATING AREA, MOUNTED IN EXHAUST PIPE IN REAR OF CATALYTIC CONVERTER

Check the wiring to it as well

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Indeed, check the wiring first. There are many spots where the heater circuit can be compromised.

Reply to
Jim Warman