'04 Dome Light

I have an '04 Mustang v6 (40th Anniv Edition) with the dome (not the map) light stuck on. This is the light that come on when a door is opened and should turn off a few seconds after the door closes.

The first thing I wanted to check is the door switch, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is or how the door actuates the light?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Vic Dura

First I've seen complaint of this on a Mustang, Ford has used a Switch assy on latch to operate entry lites WD40 with tube on... spray liberally into and past door lock mechanism. Work latch many times.

Please report back.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:32:29 GMT, Backyard Mechanic wrote Re Re: '04 Dome Light:

Thanks. I'll try it toninght and let you know how it worked.

Regards, Vic Dura

Reply to
Vic Dura

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:43:45 -0500, Vic Dura wrote Re Re: '04 Dome Light:

Well, it didn't work because the door switch wasn't the problem.

My wife (it's her car) had the headlight/dash switch turned fully counter-clockwise, which turns on the dome light permantly.

At least now the door locks are well lubricated.

Thanks for the suggestion BackYard.

Regards, Vic Dura

Reply to
Vic Dura

Groan.... not the FIRST time the OBVIOUS has been overlooked for this problem.

My fault more than yours, and for that reason!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

The first thing I would check is the bulb. Always start with the simple stuff.

Reply to
.boB