05 GT windows roll down with Fob or not...

According to my manual, my GT's windows should roll down by holding the unlock button down. it doesn't work. the dealer said my Premium GT didn't come with that feature, they said it was made too late in 05. How do I find out whether or not it'll do it?

Thanks! btw first time post, first Stang too!

Reply to
Jeepers!

omarsimms25793

So, you represent the denizens of this group? Nice.

Thanks! Something useful.

No, mine came with aftermarket wheels and rims, but, you knew that right?

go tell mom it's time fer yer meds and she can have the computer back.

Why, can't do it yerself?

Anyone else with any nuggets like this one?

Reply to
Jeepers

No, he/she/it doesn't. He/she/it is a rather pitiful troll that was recently evicted from rec.autos.ford and somehow managed to find this group. Just ignore it, like everyone else does.

As to your original question, are you sure about it being a function of the key fob? My parent's VWs will roll down the windows on unlock, but only with the key actually in the door, not with the fob. Maybe the new Mustang is similar.

Oh, and congrats on purchasing a new Stang. Looks like they're turning out to be really great cars.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

um lmfao tire pressure should remain the same otherwise you have IMPROPER equipment and i would pull your cars saftey sticker ya dumb FUCK

U GO GIRL

hurc ast

Reply to
omarsimms25793

There are few things that sometimes need to be enabled on the 05 Mustang. All of these are discuss at

Under the 2005 Mustang Forum, there is a Sticky with regards to setting the Factory Alarm, things like remote-start for Automatics, changing alarm settings, and a few other things.

I have seen the thread on the Window thing and how to reset them, but I cannot find it at the moment. Just log on, sign up, and post the message. You will get an answer really fast there.

-Fryguy

Reply to
Jeff

Here is the link to the lastest message:

Jeff

Here's a link to Alarms thread Jeff mentioned...it starts out about the alarm system, but pages 4-5 gets into the window-down via remote feature.

Here's a snip from page 5 on the resolution of the issue: "... I went back to the dealer and the tech came out w/ his programer unit or whatever its called. It showed on the display that the window opening feature was "off". He then pressed a button to "on". It works and they were all surprised. Less than 5 minutes. I don't have remote start though. My car was built the second week of March also...."

Dinsdale

O.K. Thanks! I started that thread. See ya'll there! I probably don't have the "factory active alarm", can I add it?

Reply to
Jeepers!