Seat Covers

I have leather seats in my 2002 GT. Can anyone reccommend some good seat covers to save some where and tear on the factory leather?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Sorry, I have no clue. (Never did, never will.) But I suppose you could wear Chamois pants.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

I bought a new Mustang GT Convertible with saddle colored leather interior back in 1996. It took 7 years before the leather started to look worn and another 1.5 years before the drivers seat ripped. I even left the top down overnight quite often and yes it got rained on sometimes. I never treated it with leather conditioner. I would not worry about the leather. It's been 9 years now and I just spent something like $650 to buy custom (tan center, black sides) new leather at autoleathers.com. A local guy is going to charge $450 to install it. A bit more than usual because Ford glues their leather to the foam, apparently unlike other mfgrs and apparently making it much harder for upholstery guy to re-upholster. But hey, to me, it isn't much to pay once every 8 or 9 years, IMHO. The question is: Do you want you and your passengers to sit on sweet leather seats for 7 years or covers? Why get leather if you are not going to enjoy it? Reminds me of an old lady I visited once when I was a kid whose furniture was all covered in clear plastic.

Reply to
Scotter

If I was coming straight from the grease pit at Jiffy Lube, I sure would not want to plant my butt on my nice tan leather seats, nor plant my boots straight onto the carpeting. If I going to invest in something nice, I'd want to take care of it so it would last. I've used old blankets, sheets, seat covers, etc. To me it's worth it when I take someone out for the evening or just for a ride, for the car to look it's best. Of course, that's why I have a beatermobile....

And my great aunt had wall to wall wool carpet>I bought a new Mustang GT Convertible with saddle colored leather interior

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Good point that they are something you would not use all the time.

Reply to
Scotter

That would look tho thweet!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I looked everywhere and could not fand ONE pair of chamois pants...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]