1967 289

hello i was wondering if anybody has any info or specs for the 289 hi po i am rebuilding my 289 and was wondering if there is any difference in the cylinder heads ect thanks mike

Reply to
Michael and JeanMarie McFarland

The main concern is that you get back all the same parts that you give the machine shop. Some might be inclined to substitute a generic engine if they think you are not hip to what's going on. Your block, heads, crank, rods, balancer, and exhaust manifolds are all upgrade parts from Ford, and all need to stay together. If possible, take this engine apart yourself and photograph all casting numbers on everything. Make sure the shop knows you have done this.

Original compression was 10.5:1, which may not be compatible with pump gas. If this is a weekend car, I'd go with original compression and just use octane booster. Comp cams has a reproduction solid lifter camshaft.

Is this in an original K-code car?

Reply to
CobraJet

beefier main bearing caps, still 2 bolt though. heads had smaller cc, pushrod slots instead of holes. solid cam.

Reply to
big-spud