1973 351 C fastback alternator

Help...

I bought a project car. The alternator wires have been removed. I have the car running using a battery charger, but can't drive very far because I'm limited on extension cords.

The wire with the red cap does'nt fit on the alternator where the red plastic thingy is, the same with the other ones. Is there a site that shows a good pic of the alternator and the caps and wire colors?

Thanks,

Reply to
Brian

65-73 are all the same, aren't they? If the wiring harness you have does not fit, perhaps someone swapped an incorrect alternator off a newer Ford.

A new correct one is so cheap, tho, that you should be able to get running pretty easy...

Reply to
vince garcia

"vince garcia" wrote

Or just swap in a single-wire alt and not worry about it at all.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Or change the orientation of the rear shell... some rebuilders will supply instructions on this in the box in order to reduce part numbers.

I just can't remember the colour assignments of the insulators.... Along with these colours, the purpose of the terminals should be cast into the rear end shell of the alternator. IIRC, these alternators had "REG" for the regulator terminal and "STA" for the stator terminal...

Reply to
Jim Warman