1994 MUSTANG OIL PRESSURE DROPS TO ZERO! HELP!

i have a 1994 ford mustang with a 3.8 v6. Recently, the oil pressure in the car dropped to completely nothing. When i looked at it, the O-ring on the oil filter blew out every time i started the car, and all of the oil would pump out in a matter of seconds. The oil pump seems to be fine, and i was told by a mechanic to check the OIL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE.

WHERE EXACTLY IS THIS RELIEF VALVE AND AM I CHECKING THE CORRECT THING FOR MY PROBLEM?

Any kind of input would be very appreciated!

Reply to
krankman

It's in the housing behind the Water pump... And if you dont know what it IS then anyone would be a fool to try to give you directions on checking/replacing it.

Break down and buy a book that describes the innards of the 3.8.

Or else go to alldatadiy.com and get a subscription

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

i am do have a book that i purchased and i was highly disapointed to see that it did not explain at all about the oil pressure relief valve. I am not a novice car mechanic and i do know what an oil relief valve IS, i just was not sure if the mustang even had one since i could not find it in the book... so my question is if anyone has ever heard of the problem i described above? any advice????

Reply to
krankman

Sorry... but it IS possible, though rare, and the only cases I recall were on the small block chevy.

I think if you find the oil pump, you're going to find the relief valve close by.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic