1997 Automatic sticking?

I have a 1997 automatic ford mustang and latly the sift stick has been sticking in park and sometimes it takes up to a half hour before I can get it out of park. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knew what it could be and what I could do to fix it? Thank you :)

Reply to
DeadlyKitten

Quite possibly: Brake light switch, at brake pedal arm where the pin to brake actuator shaft is... or wire broken to it

Your brake lights wont work right, either.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

My brake lights are working fine, is there anything else it could be?

Reply to
DeadlyKitten

..uh you ARE depressing brake to shift it out of park, right?

try it with key off

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic