'94 Concorde CD player/radio replacement

Hi folks,

In a failed attempt to fix a problem with the clock and dash lights in my

1994 Concorde CD player/radio, I managed to destroy it. Got a little smoke out of it when I was trying fix a cracked etch on one of the circuit cards. I found a U-Pull-It junkyard that sells them for about $35 which sounds great.

My question is which years and models of Chrysler products used the same CD player/radio? It's their "Infinity" series of radios and I suspect it was used in a number of years and models.

Your help would be greatly appreciated buy this sometimes not so handy handyman. I'm off to the junkyard tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dave snipped-for-privacy@mn.rr.com

P.S. I did successfully replace the transmission cooler lines in this car recently with the help of this newsgroup. Thanks for you help on that!

Reply to
Dave A

I had a 94 LHS with the top of the line system from Chyrsler at the time. It sucked. I would recommend any 3rd party radio instead.

little smoke

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
jdoe

Chrysler Radios are all very similiar, but just a little different. What you want to do is match up the two mounting bolts with yours, and then ensure the two connectors are the same. The connectors don't have to be in the same place, they can be swapped right/left, but just make sure they are the same. I think all these are interchangeable, but check the mounting and connectors...

Dave A wrote:

Reply to
73blazer

Thanks for the detailed list of models and years. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm off to the salvage yard in a few minutes to see what I can find. I'll take the old radio along to match it up for connectors and mounting.

Best regards,

Dave

Reply to
Dave A

I found a AM/FM radio for $8 and a AM/FM Cassette radio for $13. We don't use the CD that often so I went with the cassette. It's nice to have a working clock and frequency display again. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Reply to
Dave A