2005 GT - window tinting getting scratched by something inside the door/felt

Is anyone else seeing this? I don't feel like dropping money to retint if it's going to keep doing this.

Reply to
Ty Dwonon

Check earlier posts... within the last month, I think

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Some more useful info on the problem/solution here too........

Rico

Called my local Ford dealer and found out Ford's not planning a felt replacement for the inside window gaskets. whoever thought that a rubber gasket on the inside glass was a good idea is probably not driving a car that has one with tinted windows.

Anyone found an aftermarket solution out there?

Reply to
Ty Dwonon

at 25 Apr 2006, Ty Dwonon [ snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I posted on this not 2 weeks ago. My new 2005 Vert has this issue and it is because there is no felt/furr on the rubber on the inside of the glass. My pony came with dealer installed $299 tint, so they'll be responsible for fixing this issue. Which means they have to take the inside doorpanels off. Put felt on the inside rubber, re-tint both windows and put the door panels back on. They will not make much profit on the $299 after all. :-)

To answer your question. Unless you fix it like described above, yes, it will keep on doing this.

Reply to
Paul

AND You have to keep your fur clean. If you don't you're gonna have problems.

*waving* Hi ya Pauley! Wanna go topless with me sometime?

Kate

:
Reply to
Kate

(Blush) Kate, Please...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

"My Names Nobody" wrote : >

: > AND : > You have to keep your fur clean. : > If you don't you're gonna have problems. : : (Blush) : Kate, Please...

Shame on you with your mind in the gutter like that.

*wink*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

I spoke with my Ford service rep about the felt service. She indicated that Ford is no longer recommending window tinting on the Mustang as the clearances are too tight even as thin as the film is.

So to all keeping your "fur" clean may not clear the problem

Mike Osborn

Reply to
Mike

I think they're blowing smoke up your pant meg Mike, but not doing it is definitely cheaper for them

Kate

Reply to
Kate

It's possible, but she's never tried to snow me in the past. I'll keep checking

Reply to
Mike

Excellent link, great how to pics.......

Rico

at 30 Apr 2006, Kate [ snipped-for-privacy@dub.dub.dub.com (please ask)] wrote in news:nu15g.50720$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

Doesn't that go for any kind of fur? :-)

Made it back to Fla, been outa town for a couple weeks in Atlanta. Topless sounds great. Your or mine. *grin* Just got a flyer in the mail for 5 acre lots in TN $30K. Might consider retiring there as Fla is getting way to crowded... Working on email. :-)

Reply to
Paul