'66 cigarette lighter problem

The cigarette lighter on my '66 GT convertible works fine for heating the lighter, as my burned finger can attest, but it does not work for powering my electrical gadgets (cell phone, radar detector, computer). The lighter is original; I have no idea how much it was used. The plug does not get red and glowing and there are some ashes stuck to it. I tried to clean the lighter socket itself, but it didn't make a difference. The socket spins around, but seems to work well with the plug. Any ideas?

Terri

Reply to
Terri Harris