66 door lock problem

The door and trunk locks on my 66 can be unlocked using anything that will turn the slot for the key. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a kit that has ignition, door, and trunk locks keyed alike?

Evan

Reply to
Evan

V'ger

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

that year ford had 2 keys , any lock shop can order new locks for you, it is cheaper than repairing your old ones.

Reply to
todd

The ignition and door keys are the same keys on a Ford of that vintage ( squared off). The glove box and the trunk are the same ( round). You can remove the locks from the trunk and doors and take them to a locksmith and have them install tumblers that match the keys you have now. It sounds like the tumblers may have been removed at some point. Often when doors have been swapped during repairs etc. the locksets get all mixed up.Possible someone was fed up with different keys and removed the tumblers to alleviate the nuisance. I've owned a few Mustangs with a different key for every lock! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet