67 fastback engine?

I have 1967 fastback project car and I'm looking for any imput on an engine that would best suit this car. I would like an engine from that period (289,

351W,390). I would like to get about 400hp out of the engine.
Reply to
Scott Jones

Easiest way to get 400 hp would be with the big block 390. You'd have better weight distribution with a 351W, but that's a non-factory option. A standard deck 5.0 block can be stroked to 347, it would fit nicely, and it would be marginally better balanced than a 351. Or you could go with a 5.0 and a supercharger.

Personally, I'd go with a 5.0 and a Weiand roots style blower, using a cowl or teardrop hood.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Reply to
Hugh Garrison

I agree.... the 347ish 302 would keep the car in nice balance and the stroker 351 would be built a bit milder with a small weight bias penalty..... the 390 is a hard motor to keep from drooling and weighs 'bout

3 million pounds too much...

Additionally, parts for either Windsor motor are cheaper and more plentiful than any of the FE motors....

Jim Warman