67 mustang power steering question

I dropped a 351C in my 67 and my wife thinks we should put the p/s back in it. I've been trying to find a pressure hose that will work, but so far no luck. The hose that was on the 302 won't clear the oil filter, motor mount etc. I've had some tell me they run up by the shock tower, but i tried that and the headers are in the way. I see on some sites they 2 are required. Other than going to have a special one built, i thought someone out there must have a 67-68 with a cleveland in it that could give me some info. I tried calling NPD, but evidently the guy must be a former autozone(no offense to someone that knows what they're doing) worker. No clue, if its not stock. Pictures of the routing would also be nice. I almost had it done in the engine compartment, but now i'm in the middle of installing a perfect fit classicair system, aluminum radiator and now the p/s because my better half thought air and p/s would be nice. Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
JF

JF wrote in news:WUgwg.7108$5K2.1199@fed1read03:

I would think that the underhood of the '71 - '73 models would be close enough. Try a hose for a '71 with the 351C engine. Fittings should be the same. If it doesn't work, you can always return it.

Reply to
elaich

I live in an agricultural area where a lot of the parts store make their own hoses, specifically trying to have a service to the farmers that break hydraulic hoses. If you can find one of these stores, that's probably your best chance at finding a hose that will fit, look good, and being able to inexpensively get it in your hands. Where I live they can quite often make a hose cheaper than you can buy one and their catalog has hundreds of different fittings. But you're right. Somebody should have done this before.

Reply to
Kruse

Reply to
walt peifer