68 Door Problem

Hi Everybody.

I just bought a 68 coupe that needs a lot of work. One of my first hurdles is a stuck driver's door. The linkage is all attached and appears to be working. The latch just will not release. I have also tried hooking the linkage at the latch with a hooked wire, but no-go. If I remove the hinges, will the door pull off to the front? If not, any ideas???

Thanks, Scott

68 Rustmobile Coupe
Reply to
Scott

The striker plate has a cap on it so the door probably wouldn't slide off to the front. Here's a pic:

Otherwise...shoot some penetrating oil on the latch inside the door...push the outside door button... and give it a harder shove from the inside.

Reply to
Dinsdale