68 headers

i have a 68 coupe that is all stock.ive got the inside and out in nice condition.now i want to start some engine upgrades.first place i want to start is the exhaust.not sure what headers to get (long or short,and diameter)also I'm not sure what size exhaust tubing,2 1/4 or

2 1/2 inch .last is what mufflers and how loud.
Reply to
c1micfish

I put in the hooker super comps in my 68, they have really held up and look as new as the day I put them in aseveral years ago

Doglips

Reply to
MrDoglips

You first need to decide how far you are going to take the engine. Headers on a dead stock or mild engine are not a good idea.

Reply to
CobraJet

I'm just wondering how you know what engine it has? 2 1/2 inch headers on a

289 or 302 would be a disaster. Same goes for most big blocks.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

the 2 1/2 inch is at the colecter ,and threw the exhoust piping,not at the head.i am going to do a build up cam,heads,intake carb and ignition.

Reply to
c1micfish

OK, now tell me "which" cam, etc., trans, rear ratio, and intended use.

Reply to
CobraJet