UPDATE: Re: How to turn off "theft" light in 99 Mustang?

Took the car to the dealer and the service guy got in and deftly flicked the ignition on and off a few times and may have slipped a coupla other moves in there and everything was magically fixed. Said he "reset it" and sent me on my merry way in minutes without charging me a cent. Thanks to the service dept at Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston for its good service.

Coupla nights ago, I accidentally pressed the panic button on the factory > remote. In the ensuing panic to turn the horn off before it awakened all > my > neighbors, I must've done something to screw things up. I can start and > drive the car ok but the remore no longer works and a red 'theft' light > flashes every few seconds on the instrument panel. > > Any ideas how to turn off this light and get the remote working again? > Thanks in advance. > >
Reply to
Zen Cohen