EFI 1994 351W into '68 coupe

All -

Like I mentioned a while ago, I bought a complete 1994 SVT Lightning EFI

351W engine for my '68 coupe. It's going in in about a week, but my mechanic says that he thinks I need to send the wiring harness off to be modified to work in the '68 coupe. Since I am using the C4 transmission for now, he says that the computer is going to be upset because I am not using the AOD.

Does this sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions as far as getting the computer for the Lightning to play nice using the C4 tranny?

In fact, does anyone have any suggestions or gotchas at all that I need to know about? I already know I need to get a high pressure fuel pump and do some fab work on the fuel lines. Anything else I need to know about for now?

Thanks! Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:24:51 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some electrons to form:

You need to call these guys.

David M

E-mailing them now, thanks for the info!

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

Heh - I just saw that you're using Pan as well. Howdy, fellow Penguinista!

Thomas Cameron RHEL 4 U1 2.6.9-11.ELsmp

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:16:03 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some electrons to form:

Aha, using the non-free version of RH, eh? I downloaded RH8 when it came out and I'm still using the same kernel... I should upgrade it but I never have gotten around to it. I have updated and recompiled a lot of the stuff on here over the past few years, though, and added bits and pieces as I went along. Latest addition was to scrap Netscape and the old Mozilla and load up Firefox, I like it.

Reply to
David M

Yeah, it's in my interest to do so... I'm a Linux guy by profession, so I have to keep up with the latest and greatest.

HOLY CRAP - you're not directly attached to the Internet, are you? There have been tons of updates and security fixes since RH8 came out!

Yeah, Firefox kicks butt.

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Cameron

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:06:16 +0000, Thomas Cameron rearranged some electrons to form:

No, my router protects me.

Reply to
David M