'69 Mach 1 ID.

Hi folks, I just bought what I was told is a '69 Mach 1. I haven't located a body buck tag for it yet and I think the door sticker has been painted over. Are ther any other definate ways identifying it as a MACH? It has the deluxe interior, cobra jet hood scoop with hood pins, fold down rear seat, pop open gas cap, M code for 351 4V in the vin. FMX automatic transmission, 9" rear end, missing louvers but the mounting holes in the roof are there, power steering, power disk brakes, had A/C once. I know all of these could have been added by the dealer or someone else at one time so I need better proof. TIA.

Reply to
Mark C.

If you can get the paint off the door tag...and it has the same VIN...and it lists "63C" as the body code then it's a Mach 1.

If there is no data tag (or a wrong one) these people can get you the original paperwork on your car: (I think from just the VIN)

Click on the "Production History Reports" link on the top for more info. You can also get a new data tag/sticker.

Here's a pic of a Marti repport for a '69 Mach1:

You can get similar info from Ford for free...it'll probably take longer...and it's more likely to have errors. It's known as CAC report, or a History 999 report Ford Motor Company (800) 392-3673 or (313) 322-3000

Happy motoring! DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

FYI: Get the VIN and consult the following site:

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Does it have a "R" in the vin #? If so it's a Mach 1. :)

"Lord give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off. "

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Scratch that...I missed your 351 engine in the car. Sorry.

"Lord give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off. "

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Oh, I forgot to mention it has what looks like the original black carpet with red inserts.

Reply to
Mark C.

Only came in the Mach I; all others with Deluxe Interior were black/black.

Reply to
JohnJohnsn

Sweet, maybe I'll find the build sheet under the carpet if it isn't too moldy. The floors have some surface rust that need attention from leaks.

Reply to
Mark C.

That's very nice indeed. My "dream car" when I was a kid was either a 69 Mach 1 or a 69 Cougar Eliminator. Didn't get either. :(

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

I'll sell you mine. :)~

Reply to
Mark C.

Oh, One more thing. It has a clock and a badge on the dash insert that says MACH1

Reply to
Mark C.