79 Mustang Cobra V8 turbo?

I was offered a 79 Mustang Cobra V8 turbocharged. I was told it was 1 of only 400 produced. I have no idea what the value on this car would be. Can anyone help me?

Reply to
horsetrot2

I am not positive, but I don't think the produced a turbo V-8 in '79...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

It's not a turbo v-8. It's probably a 4 cyl turbo. The predecessor to the Mustang GT Turbo and the Mustang SVO.

Jay

My Names Nobody wrote:

Reply to
fordlvr

Nah, It would be a turbo 2.3L 4 cyl.

There were a VERY few Enduro Mustangs built, but they were mostly for Bruce Jenner and the SCCA racing team. And I'm PRETTY sure those weren't from '79 or turbocharged, but they were 4 eyed fox bodies.

Reply to
Blue Mesteno

"Ford offered two performance options?a 302 2bbl and a turbocharged 2.3L four cylinder"

I have never heard of a turbo V8 Mustang, not from the factory and especially not in 79.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thanks for the help. I was kinda skeptical when I couldnt find any information on it.

Reply to
horsetrot2

Once, many years ago a friend of mine was offered a "Plymouth Sapporo" with a Grand National drive train. The guy buying didn't know what he was looking at, just that it was a v6 and it had a turbo, but what he described to me didn't sound right. So I got another friend to go with us and look, imagine the dismay of the seller when we all drove up in an 87 Grand National to look at his car which had some old worn out blivett of a Chevy turbo in it.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thus spake "WindsorFox[SS]" in news:lRwyg.104856$IZ2.84137@dukeread07:

You are correct. I owned a '79 Turbo hatchback with the TRX handling package, and the only turbo offered was the 2.3L SOHC 4-banger. It was actually slightly quicker 0-60 than the 302 and handled much better, due to the lighter engine. But, few cars were actually "quick" then, as the manufacturers were trying to meet increasingly stringent emissions standards without the computerized engine management and widespread electronic fuel injection we have nowadays.

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim J