86 2.3 mustang camshaft alignment problem.

The timing belt broke on my son's 86 2.3 Mustang. The timing pointer that you align the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket with is missing. Is there any other thing that I can use to align the mark with? Hoping there is away of doing this without having to removing the valve cover to actually see the position of the valves.

Reply to
CCTGENE

wasnt that a post stud screwed into the head?

seemed to me it was simple...but I guess I took it for granted, never paid much attention

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic