91 5 litre Lowering

To lower a 91 5.0 Mustang do you just change the springs or do other parts need changing as well. Thanks

Reply to
RonK

Springs is all in most cases if you keep it mild. You might need camber/caster plates if you go say an 1" to 1 1/2". You might also need offset rack bushing or a bump steer kit if you go a lot. I would also suggest getting shocks/struts unless you already have a better than stock set.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

I recently lowered my 88lx trunk... I had recently replaced the struts/shocks so I didnt have to do that again when I lowered. But I dropped it and it settled at 1.5" no camber/caster plates needed... Nice improvement over the stock ride height as well.

Have fun

Reply to
Gord

The cheapest and easiest way to do it is to cut the factory springs. Remove one coil from the front and 1 1/2 coils from the rear and it will look awesome. Be sure to save and reinstall the rubber stoppers that are inside the springs. You'll need a reallignment when your finished. The only special tool you'll need for the job is a spring compressor which can be rented from a local tool supply company. This is needed for the front springs only as the back ones can be removed by dropping the axle with the vehicle on jack stands and using a jack to lower the axle. Have a local metal working shop cut the springs.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Adkins

Thankyou all for the information, I think I'll give it a go. If the weather here in Ontario stays mild I'll do it pretty soon. Ron

Reply to
RonK

Reply to
Gord