91 Ford Mustang "Jumping" Problem

Hi,

I just purchases a used 91 Ford Mustang LX with 94,000 miles on it. Everything seems to run fine on it except when I try to accelerate at any other speed except "grandma". When I step on the gas coming from an idle the car either "jumps" forward receiving gas and then not and then again...ruhhh ruhhh ruhhh OR it will just stall. If I am extremely careful with the throttle I can avoid this problem.

Is this some sort of airflow problem? Is it fuel related?

Before I bought it, the owner put a brand new airflow sensor on it and reprogrammed the computer. I looked at the sensor and it is brand spanking new.

I am not sure what to do first. It can be dangerous if it stalls in mid-traffic, but mainly it is more annoying than anything.

Please Help!

Reply to
k.friedline

That is the gizmo that bolts onto the side of the throttlebody. forgot what it is called, but it has two wires going to it, and it modulates the airflow, to keep the idle OK. has holes in it that bypass the throttle plate in throttle body (recalling from 5 year old memory, if I had a diagram....) I just cleaned out the inside real good with carb cleaner (book says not to do this, but it is all metal parts inside) My stang stalled when stepping on the gas, cleaned this unit up and it ran fine after that. It gets dirty from some of the crankcase exaust that is fed back into the intake. It has a small gasket too, no problem. This could be an easy fix for you. I had an 89 and have a 93 supercharged 5.0