91 mustang LX 5.0 power door lock voltage problem

OK here it goes. Just replaced the actuator on the drivers side and the power lock functions great. Before i installed it i tested the voltages and got about 10V each for unlock and lock. Now on to the passenger side. The brand new actuator only unlocks. It does not lock. Im getting about 9V to it for unlocking but less than 1V for locking! I tested the swithes and they seem to be fine. Also, with the new drivers side actuator installed, when I press the switch for the passenger side i think it is sending some voltage over to the drivers side because i can here a feeble attempt for that lock to open! Im not an electrician so any help would be great. HELP!!!!!!

Reply to
bachey1

You have a short or fried wire inbetween the switches and the Actuator if you have a meter trace out the wire and stick the probe thru the insulation and see if you real have voltage in the wire and then continue until you don't have it... I'll have to pull out the Shop manual and look at the wiring diagram to see if thier wire like a 3 way switch.. Ok as for the Pass. side switch that maybe where your loosing it both switches have to be good or it will not work right..

Reply to
Duane Totty

Well it turns out that the passenger side switch was bad. Apparently I didnt know what i was doing when I checked it. But would a bad switch be able to drain a battery?

Reply to
bachey1