'95 5.0L Distributors

I am dropping a rebuilt '95 5.0L into my 86 stang. Having several 86-93 distributors on hand I planned to drop in one of these, problem is that the distributor does not fit all the way down into the engine. Sits up about 1/4 inch. I know that the 94-95 engines have different stock codes, in part because of the fit problem under the sloped hood. Any one have a solution to this?

Reply to
eweinfur

The difference between the 94/95 and the 86-93 is that the 94/95 have a remote mount TFI unit where the 86-93 have it mounted right on the side of the distributor. Did you use the correct oil pump drive shaft? The HO motors have a longer distributor shaft some of the aftermarket oil pump drives are not cleared down far enough.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG