95 Base model upgrades

i recently came into ownership a 95 AT base model with the 3.8L . what are some of the best and most benifical engine upgrades? do they make superchargers for the 3.8?? that is more for curiousity sake. would like some extra horsies to play with as the car has 165k and has lost some of it's initial zest i'm sure. catch me at porsche 944 at shaw period ca

Sean

Reply to
S.C. Porsche

S.C. Porsche opined in news:jFsqd.375781$%k.289788@pd7tw2no:

Backyard Mechanic

Are you sure you want to dump good money into that car? Anything that would make a significant difference would cost as much or more than the car is worth!

You can probably find a 94/95 GT for what you could get for that car plus a grand or two. I certainly wouldn't bolt a SC onto a 165K engine.

Reply to
Alan Chapman

Sorry, but I have to agree. 165k is a lot of miles to just begin thinking about performance. If the car is in healthy shape still... you could do it... but you wouldn't enjoy it as long as if it were younger. Know what I mean? If you want a little extra "pep"... maybe gears? brb door... YAY my flowmaster mufflers came in!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

forgot 2 mention the engine / tranny have less than 1000 miles on them :-)

Reply to
S.C. Porsche

The rest of the car still has a lot of miles...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

He personally e-mailed me instead of posting to NG:

yes it does. that's why it's time to upgrade... exhaust, suspension and tires/rims 4 handling, etc... ideas?

First you need to decide what you're going to use the car for. Plan it out entirely. Is it a drag racing car? Is it a car that will see lots of turns at high speeds? Etc.

Mods that won't hurt regardless are generally suspension mods. Subframe connectors, shocks, struts, etc. Exhaust depends on what is done to the motor. You have damn near endless options here.. need to decide what you want your car to do first.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy