99GT turns over slowly, won't start

Battery light had flashed occasionally in the past. New battery, no improvement. Bad alternator? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Check and clean all the battery connections, connections to the starter, selonoid, ect.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Will try. Thanks. RR

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Let us know if it helps (I hope it does!).

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Thanks, Carl, you nailed it. The battery post connections were already cleaned from when I installed the new battery. The next place I loooked was the connection at the fuse box. The connectors looked ok but I polished them up anyway and after a little bit of cranking it started right up. Thanks again. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Dont stop there. Check the rest.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset