A question about performance chips

Reading other threads about replacing chips for better performance made me wonder if there were any of these chips on the 1984 Mustang/Capri 5.0s, or do we just tune the "old fashioned" way by checking the timing, adjusting the carburetor jets, etc.?

Dick

Reply to
Dick R.

if carbed, no computer. Fuel Injection.

Reply to
habitoid

Your gonna shoot your eye out Dick!

Reply to
GILL

Let me tell a story. Back in the days when Minnesota required an annual emission test, I would bring the Capri into a "speed shop" (3 generations of auto racing guys) to have the carb adjusted to pass the test. Car ran like shi ... whatever, but it passed the test. After the test I brought the car back in for a performance adjustment. I'm not a technical guy, and after 25 years of owning the car, I think the heater fan blew a fuse - now to find the fuse block, and it's in the car somewhere. Nice to know I don't got chips!

Thanks, Dick

Reply to
Dick R.

Raise your hand if you ever adjusted timing with a hammer.

Reply to
Topo Gigio

It should be by your left knee.

Reply to