air silencers

has anyone heard of these things? i was told that if you take them out you get better air flow. is this true? or is this bull? thanks cobraboy 97convert

Reply to
cobra boy

Yes, you get better airflow..... now, whether you need it or not......

Years ago, an old trick was to flip ones air cleaner lid downside up....... the added noise gave some kind of impression of more power but I never saw a time slip that proved more power. I haven't seen it done, but the real proof would be to hook a manometer into the duct between the airfilter and throttle body and see if there is any sort of depression in air pressure at WOT under load.

YMMV

Jim Warman

That is a Fox stang trick. A few years back on of the magazines did a test on a mod motored car and found that they actually lost a few hp when they pulled it out. On the SN95 style removing it actually lets you draw hot air from the engine compartment instead of the cooler fender area.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Reply to