mass air flow

recently i was also told that if my mass air flow sensor was dirty i would get bad gas mileage. is this true without sounding like a total idiot and how do you clean it. thanks cobraboy 97convert

Reply to
cobra boy

Go to an autoparts store and look for CRC Electrical Cleaner. If you remove the filament from inside the MAF sensor housing do not touch it. Just spray it down and let it dry. Spray out the MAF housing, too. You're done. Let it dry.

Reply to
HELMUT RONER

I used CRC "Electrical Parts Cleaner"... prolly same thing.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

cobra boy opined in news:7l%ic.36754$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

Actually, your mileage SHOULD increase slightly because the engine would be running leaner... not actually seeing all the air that's going through it.

BUT... the engine will tend to ping, and that isnt good.

Get a cheap artist type brush and spray with electical cleaner, then brush then spray again...

You are in no danger of breaking the filament if you dont press anything hard against it.

Look at the tech section in:

for help...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic