Air Vents

My son has a 1994 Mustang(GT). It runs well,Headers,dual exhaust no cats.

His A/C is cold ,heat workstoo. The problem is the air only blows threw the defroster,no matter if it is set on heater,vent,etc. It happened once before and stopped. I take it the flap that opens each vent is on vacuum?? Is it in the engine or under the dash??? Could it be the switch itself?? I appreciate any advise .I have posted in the past and received very useful information and fixes.

Thanks in advance Doug

Reply to
Doug

Somewhere, either under the hood or under the dash, you have a vacuum hose disconnected.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

VERY common problem, Pop the hood and find the small black plastic tubing which runs from where the heater hoses run through the firewall to the vaccum T above the brake booster. The plastic tubing usually will become brittle and break right at the rubber ends. This usually will occure right behind the passenger valve cover or above the booster location. Pull the rubber off and drill it out, reinsert the black plastic tubing with alittle crazy glue on it and reinstall. The heating/cooling system defaults to the defrost vent be default without vacuum.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

What he said.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I went under the dash and the hose was disconnected.EASY FIX!!!

Thanks for the advise everyone

Doug

Reply to
Doug