Comments please on 67 rust

Hi, looking for some opinions on this spot of rust/rot on a car I am looking at to buy. I have not seen it first hand, but this looks like rot, or some Bondo breaking free. Appreciate your comments

thanks!

pony67

Pour water down the cowl. If it leaks on the floor inside RUN!!!! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Reply to
Johnny K

My 67 fastback does this. It keeps my feet cool on those hot rainy days.

Seriously, though, if you already own the car, at what point do you give up because of rust and part it out or crush it?

Reply to
Yen

Oh, I'd start looking elsewhere on the car too...Metal replacement is the only way out of this one. It'll cost you a quarter...or two (take a look at the other side it should be getting there too...).

Take the car on a ride up a lift and check the underside...How are the torque boxes? Flor pans? I think there is more hidden in there. Make sure you know how bad it is before you buy.

Serge

Reply to
Serge

Depends how attached you are to the car how much of an optimist you are and whether your good at welding! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Thanks all, you confirmed my concerns on this. I had a friend bodyman who echoed the same comments. This has been a long distance courting so far (NH to PA), it may save me the trip to see it in person, or at least, will impact the price.

thanks! Bob

Reply to
pony67