Auto trans question

Just curious here. I'm wondering if my 2009 mustang's automatic is the same as the one the

2009 GT has. Are they swappable with out any modifications, except for the bell housing, torque converter and other sorts of things I can't think of at the moment?

Are they technically the same but the v8 & v6 get slightly different internal tweaks of some sort?

Thanks!

Reply to
twk

not swappable.. at least not in any way that makes financial sense... They are similar though...

Reply to
John S.

Similar, but not similar enough. That's all I need to know. Thank you.

Reply to
twk

I remember seeing a torque converter off of a 4 cylinder Fox, it was about as big around as a large coffee can and about half as tall.

Reply to
WindsorFo