bad day bad day

Well I hope your day went better than mine.... I got up at 6am to be in Sacramento by 9am. Immediately locked my car key inside my 85 GT and it cost me 40 minutes time and 50 bux.

Made it to me appointment with 4 minutes to spare. They fed us lunch at lunch time... some crap pizza that tasted like cardboard. Decided I would run over to Citrus Heights to my credit union and make a payment while I was in the area only to find out they moved to Roseville...........................................................

Found the Claim Jumpers Restaurant I've always been wanting to try but didn't have time to go in... Credit Union was slow as hell by the time I got there and it cost me another hour.. grrrrrrrr...

Tried to call my daughter and have her pick up a fresh loaf of garlic bread for left over sketti tonight and was in a bad cell phone area ( Outside of Jackson) and never got thru... ( At least she claims she couldn't hear that part!! )

So I finally made it home, forgot to fill up on $2.03 mid grade in Sac so now I get to pay $2.19 for it here... *sigh*

How was your day?

stewin and needin a beer

Reply to
Mustang GT

Whew. I though you were going to say you wrecked your car! J

Reply to
jriegle

while I was

Outside of

Not making this up:

Started the day in court where my 15 yr old son was placed on 6 months probation and 40 hrs of community service for trespassing and curfew violation ( snuck out at night with some friends and broke into an abandoned house a few blocks away and got caught). Then went with my wife to her ob/gyn appt where they took a biopsy on her cervix due to some abnormal growths..now havewait a week to see if its the big C or nothing to woryy about. Then got a call from my mother... she is scheduled for a mamogram today because her doctor found a lump in her breast yesterday afternoon.

On the bright side...today has to be better.. Whats this memo here..my boss wants to see me....(just kidding about that part)

Reply to
Matt

I had a rough one yesterday too. I walked in the door at work to a boss that had just gotten back from vacatioing in Hawaii for 10 days.

Now, remember, I am the new kid there.. been there two weeks.

The boss proceeded to chew my ass for anything and everything that was or wasn't done in the place, and chewed all day long. I spent half the day in tears, it sucked. Hell... I tried to do what she wanted but the OTHER boss redirected things, it was a mess.

but the day got better when I got home my hubby had his truck fixed. Much to his relief and and mine...besides it was great to get a hug after a day like that.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Damn Matt! Hope everything turns out ok!

Kate

| >Made it to me appointment with 4 minutes to spare. They fed us lunch | at | >lunch time... some crap pizza that tasted like cardboard. Decided I | would | >run over to Citrus Heights to my credit union and make a payment | while I was | >in the area only to find out they moved to | >Roseville........................................................... | >

| >Found the Claim Jumpers Restaurant I've always been wanting to try | but | >didn't have time to go in... Credit Union was slow as hell by the | time I got | >there and it cost me another hour.. grrrrrrrr... | >

| >Tried to call my daughter and have her pick up a fresh loaf of garlic | bread | >for left over sketti tonight and was in a bad cell phone area ( | Outside of | >Jackson) and never got thru... ( At least she claims she couldn't | hear that | >part!! ) | >

| >So I finally made it home, forgot to fill up on $2.03 mid grade in | Sac so | >now I get to pay $2.19 for it here... *sigh* | >

| >How was your day? | >

| >stewin and needin a beer | >

| | Not making this up: | | Started the day in court where my 15 yr old son was placed on 6 months | probation and 40 hrs of community service for trespassing and curfew | violation ( snuck out at night with some friends and broke into an | abandoned house a few blocks away and got caught). | Then went with my wife to her ob/gyn appt where they took a biopsy on | her cervix due to some abnormal growths..now havewait a week to see if | its the big C or nothing to woryy about. Then got a call from my | mother... she is scheduled for a mamogram today because her doctor | found a lump in her breast yesterday afternoon. | | On the bright side...today has to be better.. Whats this memo here..my | boss wants to see me....(just kidding about that part) | | | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I have my boss trained; too much crap and I'll leave, but not before causing so much grief that the entire middle administration will worry about their jobs.

For the first few months, lay low, take notes and then after a year, you'll have so much blackmail material that they'll leave you alone.

Congrats on getting the truck repaired.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Y'all have had some pretty unhappy days.

But... here's a current incident report from the California Highway Patrol site that I call *bad day* for a lot of people. I'm glad I don't live 10 miles to the north/east - there are essentially no alternative routes for the traffic in the 4-mile backup. I'm also glad I'm not one of the two fatalities.

Incident: 0313 Type: Possible Fatality Location: WB I80 JEO TRAVIS BLVD Zoom Map: 472 5D Info as of: 9/17/2003 8:12:00 AM

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

8:11AM - 1039 VACAVILLE TOW LINE 87 7:56AM - PER SAC COMM 1039 TO THEIR AIRPLANE FOR PHOTOS 7:54AM - POSS SAC S AIRPLANE OVER HEAD IF SO WILL INQ IF AIR PHOTO S AVAIL 7:50AM - OES ADVING TRAFFIC BACKED UP 3 TO 4 MILES WB 7:50AM - DOT 97 BLOCKING OFF NOW 7:44AM - LINE 74 FOR IMPOUND TOW WAS TOLD TO COME PEABODY AND CALL WHEN THEY GET TO AIRBASE TO SEE HOW TO ACESS 7:44AM - 1039 VACAVILLE TOW W/FLT BED THAT HANDLE 2 7:43AM - 1039 BONSERS W/FB AND 1 REG RIG WILL ACESS W/WAY OFR 7:36AM - 1039 OFFICE OFCR MONROE POA WILL 10-21 TMC 7:36AM - CORONER 97 7:34AM - PLZ GET ETA FRM A31 7:33AM - CORONER COPYED SCANNER RE: ACESS AND SHOULD BE 1097 NOW 7:31AM - CORONER ACESS W/WAY FRM TRAVIS OFR UNIT WILL 1014 AT THAT TIME 7:26AM - ONR TO WB WATERMAN CLOSED REQ FF PD HERE TRAFFIC ONR TURNED AROUND 7:26AM - ETA FOR CORONER - 10-15 MINS 7:24AM - 1039 A31 ENRT FRM SJ AIRPORT 7:24AM - REQ ETA FOR CORONER 7:22AM - FOR FSP---ACESS FRM W/WAY FRM TRAVIS OFF 7:20AM - 5 VEH TC 1 VEH GOING W/WAY EB ON WB LANES 7:19AM - 1039 FF PD LINE 43 7:17AM - PER DOTCC DOT EN ROUTE ///TMT 1097 WITH SIGN TRUCK 7:16AM - 1039 CORONER 7:16AM - DIVERTING TRAFFIC OFF AT AIR BASE 7:16AM - 1039 DOTCC 7:15AM - PLS 10-21 CORONER 7:15AM - ALL WB CLOSED JEO TRAVIS 7:15AM - 1039 FF PD RE TRAFFIC 7:14AM - REQ ETA FOR DOT 7:14AM - 3 1141 1 HELICHOPPER ENRT PER FF PD 7:13AM - SIG ALERT ISSUED 7:13AM - 1039 FF FIRE 7:13AM - REQ DOT FOR CLOSURE AND CLEAN UP CREW 7:12AM - CONFIRM 2 1144 ALL LANES BLOCKED AGAIN SIG ALERT HERE 7:12AM - LL FIRE FOR JAWS OF LIFE 7:11AM - HEAD ON TC HERE 7:11AM - REQ JAWS OF LIFE POSS 2 1144 S HERE 7:10AM - 1039 DOTCC 7:09AM - SIG ALERT 7:09AM - RP ADV VEH CAME FRM THE EB LN -- GRN CHRYSLER -- FACING EB IN THE WB 7:09AM - 2 SUBJ S TRAPPED ALL WB LANES 7:08AM - RP ADV PRTY IN THE VAN APPEARS TO BE UNCONSCIOUS / BRO TOYT SIENNA 7:07AM - POSS W/WAY DRVR CAME ONTO WB 80 7:07AM - ALL LNS BLKED 7:07AM - PER ANOTHER CALLER / 1179 / BRO TOYT SIENNA VS GRY/WHI DODGE PU / 1125 ALL LNS / PRTY TRAPPED IN THE SIEENA VAN -- 1 XRAY 7:07AM - GRN VEH - POSS HAS TRAPPED PTY INSIDE 7:07AM - ONE VEH IS ON FIRE 7:07AM - 3-4 VEH TC, ALL LNS, UNK INJRS 7:07AM - POSS POI WAS ON EB SIDE / ONE VEH POOS HEAD ON W/VEH ON WB SIDE 7:06AM - PER ANOTHER CALLER / 1179 5 VEHS

RESPONDING OFFICERS STATUS

7:09AM - CHP Unit Enroute 7:10AM - CHP Unit Assigned 7:10AM - CHP Unit Enroute 7:12AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:12AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:16AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:17AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:18AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:18AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:20AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:25AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:25AM - CHP Unit On Scene 7:35AM - CHP Unit Assigned 7:57AM - CHP Unit Enroute 8:01AM - CHP Unit On Scene 8:02AM - CHP Unit Enroute 8:04AM - CHP Unit On Scene
Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Kate,

If I had that kind of day, I wouldn't care how long I'd been working there, I'd tell one boss that they needed to go see the other boss and get it worked out as to what needs to be done when and what needs to go where.

If 2 supervisors give me conflicting instructions that is just making for a very stressful day if I didn't tell them something.

Reply to
Greg B.

Put a key in your wallette.

My credit Union offers bill paying on the phane and my computer for $4 a month.

Kids don't want to grocery shop, period. Can you hear me now??

Less than $2 difference on 10 gallons, definately not a sweatable point.

I have to goto a doctor and have a flashlight and camera shoved up my ass. You tell me....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

But see, in your position you could have stopped her in mid-bitch and said, "I am leaving now. I will be back tomarrow and if you are civil, I will stay. If not I will leave again".

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thanks Ralph... today is the sequil to yesterday. same thing, I am trying so hard...

I just don't understand. Maybe that's the problem. I tried to explain, may have just told the wall, because there was no understanding.

I'm a hard worker, and I try to to the best possible job that I can at anything I am ask to do. It's just beginning to feel like there is something I am supposed to be learning from all of this, (on a higher level) and I just am not getting it.

| > Now, remember, I am the new kid there.. been there two weeks. | >

| > The boss proceeded to chew my ass for anything and everything that was or | > wasn't done in the place, and chewed all day long. | > I spent half the day in tears, it sucked. Hell... I tried to do what she | > wanted but the OTHER boss redirected things, it was a mess. | >

| > but the day got better when I got home my hubby had his truck fixed. Much | to | > his relief and and mine...besides it was great to get a hug after a day | like | > that. | >

| > Kate | | I have my boss trained; too much crap and I'll leave, but not before | causing so much grief that the entire middle administration will worry about | their jobs. | | For the first few months, lay low, take notes and then after a year, | you'll have so much blackmail material that they'll leave you alone. | | Congrats on getting the truck repaired. | | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Greg, Unfortunately one was in Hawaii... came back with "Why didn't you call me???!!!!" The other has been gone yesterday and today.

I REALLY need this job right now or I'd just say fug-it. This is insane.

| > Now, remember, I am the new kid there.. been there two weeks. | >

| > The boss proceeded to chew my ass for anything and everything that was or | > wasn't done in the place, and chewed all day long. | > I spent half the day in tears, it sucked. Hell... I tried to do what she | > wanted but the OTHER boss redirected things, it was a mess. | >

| > but the day got better when I got home my hubby had his truck fixed. Much | to | > his relief and and mine...besides it was great to get a hug after a day | like | > that. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL! You gonna post photos?

no... don't I was just kidding.

K |
Reply to
SVTKate

Ya know what... suddenly I dont feel so bad about my day. :-)

Dave

Reply to
MustangGT

I'll bring a floppy and tell him to put as many as he can fit....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Or maybe this boss is a bitch that likes to intimidate people. It may not be you, but her, that's the problem

If you work for a company, there has to be a mechanism that employees can go to if they feel like they're being unfairly treated. It may be time to find a new job and do a scorched earth exit with this boss (I did that once - asshole committed suicide when he got fired for harrassing employees - that was his ONLY enjoyment in life; I was glad to take it away from him). Life is short, we don't get instant replays and free refills, so don't let something like a job make you miserable (that's what family is for).

Reply to
Ralph Snart

curfew

here..my

Update to bad day from hell:

Turns out I wasnt joking about the boss..he asked me to come in and shut the door..chewed me out a little bit, told me I needed to pick up alot of the slack in the company,take on more work and if I didnt I was "writing my own future".

Good news was my moms mammogram came out ok..scar tissue from surgery she had..still waiting on the wife's biopsy.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Wouldnt that be uncomfortable next to the camera and flashlight..hmm.

maybe we could start a RAMFM pool..\

How many floppies will the doctor be able to fit inside WindsorFox's ....

Reply to
Matt

at 18 Sep 2003, [ snipped-for-privacy@someemailaddress.notcom] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I just rummaged through my garage and found a box of ancient 8" ones. I would be willing to donate them to the cause. :-)

Reply to
Paul
*perk* 8 inchers!
Reply to