Replacing brake line?

Do they sell the brake lines, already bent into the shape needed for my specific car, or do I have to buy a straight line, and cut and bend it myself?

Reply to
Martin Lynch

Generally, you buy something longer than you need and bend it yourself, taking up the extra length with an extra bend. Save the old pieces intact as much as possible so you can match them. You'll come pretty close.

Reply to
WasteNotWantNot

You buy a premade straight line, approximately the correct length, and bend it yourself. It's really not that hard. If you're anal retentive you can cut and reflare the end to get it the exact right length, but the flaring tool is at least an order of magnitude more expensive than an approximately correct premade line.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Both. Check with your local parts place to see what they have for you car.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

|In article , | snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... |>Do they sell the brake lines, already bent into the shape needed for |>my specific car, or do I have to buy a straight line, and cut and bend |>it myself?

Pre-bent brake lines are not available in the aftermarket. I have heard that some dealership parts departments have or can get pre-bent lines by application. Of course, they probably won't have the one you need. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B