Broken Hood Latch Cable

Hi guys, haven't posted or been around in a LONG time....

But unfortunately, my hood latch cable is broken. Any ideas on getting the hood open without using a prybar?

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
Wabbitslayer

Hey, I have a Mach I grill delete so I can fit my hand behind the latch. If you look in the grill and see the cable running from the drivers side, on the other side directly opposite from the cable there is a spring, about an inch round, that if you can get a hooked wire (like a coat hanger) in there and pull towards the passenger headlight. It may help to push down on the hood a bit while you pull on that spring.

Reply to
GILL

After another look I think you can just reach under the bumper with your hand and push that round spring with your fingers or a screwdriver. Sorry, I didn't notice earlier due to my intercooler being in that area. :)

Reply to
GILL